Thursday, September 13, 2012

Slammed by Colleen Hoover


Summary from Goodreads:


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. 
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

My Review:

Colleen Hoover wrote my favorite book! Definitely my favorite book!

I cannot believe how much I loved this book.. I never thought I would be reading this until past midnight and moreover, I never expected to find myself squealing at the end of this book.

This is one of those books that have that insta-love, love at first sight thing, which I do not adore! And surprisingly, it didn't affect me too much.. 

I loved each and every character in this book.. Seriously, all of them.. There's Julia, Lake's mom who is probably one of the best book moms I have ever read.. She's caring, tough, and wise.. The two boys, Kel and Caulder are also adorable.. They are like the rainbow of this book.. Eddie and Gavin, were that two awesome friends.. And of course, Will and Lake..

Will is sweet, strong, an amazing brother.. He no doubts love Caulder as he is his only family and has to take care of him at a young age. (I still think that 21 is young).. He is someone who won't hesitate to sacrifice just for his brother.. I do not resent him for what he did to Lake actually because I see that he's only doing what he thinks is best for everyone.. And Lake.. Lake is beautiful (not just physically), a family girl, smart, and I appreciate her for trying to follow her head and not be swayed by her heart.. 

Another thing I appreciate about this book is it did not just talked about love, but of course of family, death, and sacrifices.. The poetry in this book are so beautiful and poignant I sometimes find myself teary-eyed.. If you don't find the book itself beautiful, I assure you that you would find the poetry beautiful.. The description and imagery was awesome! I love reading beautifully written imagery..

But I'm warning you, this book will not just make you roll your eyes, groan in irritation, smile, laugh, swoon, mad, but surely, this book will also make you sad and bring tears to you eyes.. That's what it did to me..

*Sigh* I just love it.. Really, really, really loved this book.. And naturally, I am now off to read the sequel! =)

5 STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment