Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1) by Michelle Rowen


Summary from Goodreads:

I don't do dangerious,  Smart, ü ber-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. 

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... 

NIGHTWATCHERS 

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising.

My Review:

The first thing I loved about this book (and probably what made me check it out) is it's amazing, mysterious, fabulous cover! Okay, I love the cover.. hahaha! Also, the plot is very interesting.. It didn't sound very new to me, but good enough to have me curious.. And well, I did not just love the cover, but also the story..

Sam is a fine heroine for me. She's smart, brave, a little innocent, but fine. I was so glad she isn't some dumb, or too love-struck heroine. She's actually someone who stands her ground. I like that.

Then Bishop. Okay, so at first, I actually found Bishop funny! I know he's still disoriented and all, taken it's his first time on earth, but well, I really found him funny on his first encounter with Sam. 

Kraven. Now, I like this jerk. Haha! He's actually funny and nice in a jerk kind-of-way. Which I actually find attractive.

The rest of the characters, the angel/demon gang weren't really that emphasized in the story though I get the picture that they played some role in there too. Zach is a healer and probably the most level-headed and cool among them. No doubt that Roth is the most hot-tempered and aggressive among them, and Connor, well, I didn't get much about him.

There's also Carly, Sam's best friend who I think is also a great character and friend. A heroine I would say. Her loyalty to Sam was something I envied.

Well, I liked this book. It is interesting enough to keep me reading, it doesn't have too much mushy lines, does not have too much action that dulls out everything else, has great description, has enough humor and has great characters. So yeah, I would definitely be picking up the next book! =D

4 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment