Thursday, September 13, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Summary from Goodreads:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

My Review:

My first words as soon as I reached the ending of this book: "AAAAWWWWW!"

This book is just too cute! Really way too cute!

Anna and the French Kiss, is an easy, light, funny and cute read. I love the setting, Paris (who in earth wouldn't love that?), and I love the quirky and funny characters.

One of the lines that really stuck with me:

"You love him, he loves you, and you live in the most romantic city in the world." 

*sigh* I also wish to have my own love story happen in the most romantic city in the wrold. Won't that make it extra romantic?

Anyway, I love how the story grew from the beginning until the end. The transition was beautiful that it was so easy to forget the time and just continue to read. The imagery was also good. And not to mention that I keep laughing to myself because each time St. Clair's dialogue would come, I find myself reading it aloud in my best attempt at English accent. So yeah, this book is easily addicting and can easily get you carried away. 

There were times though that I hated St. Clair and Anna for being too clueless and naive which each other. Geez! Why won't you just say it? Okay, I know they were not in a very good time, but still.

I read Lola and the Boy next door before I read this and there, I had a preview of Anna and St. Clair. They were too cute and in love that I promised myself I would read this one. And boy! I'm so glad I did!

Totally one of those easy reads that would make you smile. A perfect read!

4 STARS


No comments:

Post a Comment